The Lady in White - chronicle 069



Still recovering from a flu during the week, I went to the opening of the Stella Maris feast in Sliema on the 18th of August 2018. Mainly for the fireworks.
While waiting for the main event to start a young couple walked by, in their mid-thirties I think.
The man in style of the small yacht owner and letting you know that. Uninteresting.
The woman on the other hand...

In summer in Malta you can see a lot of beautiful women, young and old. And the Lady in White is one of them. A beautiful woman I mean.
What drew my attention to her was her natural grace while walking and while standing still. No signs of made up behavior, simply a natural beauty. A perceived perfect balance between education and native grace. I appreciate that.
She was dressed in white pants and a white top accentuating the tan of her skin. The cut of them was perfect for her body and showing an excellent taste.
So far so good, special enough for noting, but not enough for a chronicle.

But what she did afterwards is.
When my eyes turned again towards her I saw her seated. It looked like she was sitting on a small stone wall. Weird. You don't sit on a dusty wall if you have white pants.
Then she slightly shifted position and it appeared that she was not sitting on a wall but on her heels.
Exactly the same way I like to sit. A relaxing deep sit, where the lowest part of your back is almost touching the ground. I can sit an hour like that without getting tired.
I don't know many people who can do that and it might very well be related to my Indonesian ancestry. Somehow related to the way my tendons are attached to my feet.

Seeing this lady sitting like that in the crowd while talking with her friends and then standing up again with the same graceful movements she showed all the time, was heartwarming.
That's how life should be: do what you want, whenever you want, without feeling obliged to follow artificial social conventions. 

Just be yourself.

My compliments Lady in White, you are a pleasure for the eye.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uit eigen werk - chronicle 060

Wie ingenomen is - chronicle 061

Een nachtelijke duik - chronicle 001